Vaping… why are our kids doing it and what we can do about it.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Dr Lisa Damour introduces herself
- E-cigarette usage among teenagers has more than double in recent times
- Why are kids doing it?
- Our kids are victims of a sophisticated marketing scheme
- Designers have made vapes incredibly attractive
- Adolescent brains aren't fully developed until mid 20's
- Vaping is socially rewarding
- How should we talk to our kids about this?
- Get curious, not furious
- Understand, don't reprimand
- Explore, don't explode
- Open a discussion with questions, not lectures
Find us on Facebook at Dr Justin Coulson's Happy Families
Email us your questions and comments at [email protected]
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices