Speech & language milestones & what to do if your child isn't quite reaching them
Topics discussed in today's podcast:
- How are speech and language different?
- Speech & language milestones
- What can parents do to accelerate their child's speech?
- What shouldn't parents do?
- Model & repetition
- When should a parent seek help from a speech pathologist?
- What are the warning signs?
- Skill development
- Helpful tips
- Follow your child's lead
- Don't ask lots and lots of questions - provide comments & narrate
- 4 comments to every 1 question
- Add onto their used words
- Use a variety of words
- Minimise screen time
- Reading - slow it down & let them lead
- We have a health care provider shortage
Caitlin O'Meara, speech pathologist & WA State Manager at Allied Health Company Physio Inq
Find us on Facebook at Dr Justin Coulson's Happy Families
Email us your questions and comments at [email protected]