How much sleep do our teenagers really need to be getting?
Topics discussed in today's podcast:
- Teenage sleep is worse than ever
- Teenager's sleep clock is naturally later to bed, later to rise
- The second wind
- Light delays sleep
- Tips for winding down
- Dark room for sleep
- Dim lights up to 2 hours before bed time
- Turn screens off
- Give kids the impression that the whole household is winding down
- NSW government is looking at starting school earlier
- Can we adjust a teenager's body clock?
- Anxiety & depression are on the rise
- Teenagers need at least 8-9 hours of sleep per night
Purchase the Miss-Connection Summit
Happy Families Membership - Because a happy family doesn't just happen.
Find us on Facebook at Dr Justin Coulson's Happy Families
Email us your questions and comments at [email protected]