#891 The Perfection Trap with Thomas Curran (Part 1)
Professor Thomas Curran is (among many impressive titles) a 'perfectionist expert'. He unpacks the 'what, why, where, who, and how' of perfectionism in part 1 of this compelling discussion with Dr Justin Coulson. Part 2 will continue in tomorrow's episode.
Today's conversation covers:
- What is perfectionism?
- The link between mental health challenges and perfectionism
- Perfectionism in children - genetics or environmental?
- The 3 types of perfectionism
- Intergenerational transmission of perfectionistic tendencies
- The challenging cycle of self-defeat
- The Perfection Trap Thomas Curran's new book
- TEDMED - Our dangerous obsession with perfectionism is getting worse
Find us on Facebook at Dr Justin Coulson's Happy Families
Email us your questions and comments at [email protected]
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.