Phuong-Thao (she/her) is a Somatic Practitioner, ReBloom Coach and Trauma Educator supporting QTBIWOC & 1st and 2nd generation immigrants in navigating life transitions and moving from a place of survival to thriving & living life on their own terms from a place of deep self trust and connection to their bodies, voices, and aliveness so they can live an uncaged life.
In this episode, Eryn and Phung-Tao discuss:
- Phuong-Thao’s healing journey
- Fight, flight, freeze, and fawn trauma responses
- Shame over our body’s trauma responses
- What fills the gap when we don’t understand our lizard brain responses
- Seeking safety after trauma
- Telling the truth as an act of love
- Phuong-Thao’s deconstruction journey
- Her journey with self-trust after Catholicism
- How Catholicism reinforced that she should disconnect from herself and not trust herself
- Feeling like too much & feeling like you’re bad
- The pedestal of “goodness”
- Shame from church
- Moving towards sexual liberation and including yourself in the pleasure equation
- The power of choice
- How to start connecting with your body
Blog for this episode: www.living-open.com/blog/phuong-thao-nguyen
Connect with Eryn on Instagram. Join the upcoming virtual erotic poetry writing class. Last day to join HOLY - one spot left!
Connect with Phuong-Thao on her website and Instagram. Download her free 30 day observe your yes and no worksheet here.