Podnews podcasting news
Anchor adds audio enhancement
Visit https://podnews.net/update/anchor-enhancement for all the links, and to get our newsletter.
- Spotify's Anchor has added "audio enhancement" to its app. The company says "A single tap can automatically reduce background noise while leveling your voice and bringing it to the forefront." Alternatives are Auphonic, which is used by a number of podcast hosts, and Descript's "studio sound".
- There's also a free "speech enhancement" tool currently available from Adobe. (/ht Helene)
- Targetspot has sold its digital audio business to Azerion, a Netherlands-based "high growth digital entertainment and media platform", for US $30m. Targetspot will retain ownership of Winamp; their adsales business, and streaming company Shoutcast, will be now owned by Azerion.
- A new audio editor, Trebble, is on-sale for a lifetime price of $69 in AppSumo. It lets you edit your audio using the transcription.
Classifieds - your job or ad here
Scrappy Wins. — A podcast newsletter for brands & creators playing the long game of podcasting, who understand you aren't owed anything, & nothing is given freely... but if you stick with it, it will be worth it.
⭐️ Is your podcast ranking for the right keywords? — Listeners use the search bar to find new content on Spotify and Apple Podcast. Make sure your show ranks #1 when they type words related to your topic. Click now to start improving your rankings!
A Newsletter About a Single Minute of Audio — Every Sunday, The Big Minute recommends 60 seconds from a recent podcast episode, and dives deep into why you'll love it. The next issue goes behind bars with a chilling true story.
- While the UK press will take any opportunity to malign her, it's worthwhile noting this piece in The Sun, claiming that Meghan Markle speaks more than the guests she's supposed to be interviewing in her podcast Archetypes.
Yesterday, an unpaid role sneaked in to our jobs section. We are clear that we do not accept unpaid roles, and apologise for its inclusion.
- Leo Laporte is to retire - from radio. The Tech Guy radio show, which started on KFI-AM in Los Angeles in January 2004 and is carried on over 160 stations, will end on Dec 18.
- Keith Korneluk has been promoted to Head of Podcasts for LA's Believe Ltd. and BloodStream Media. He's been with the company since Oct 2021.
- Tina Powell's C-Suite Media has been acquired by Intentional.ly. She becomes the company's Chief Growth Officer. Her podcast, In The Suite, gets a special mention in the announcement.
- From CBC Podcasts #6 is: Welcome to Paradise When she was young, Journalist Anna Maria Tremonti married a man who beat her. Working with her therapist, she reveals the intimate details of a dark and secret past. The result is a profoundly intimate portrait of a powerful woman confronting the source of tremendous trauma and freeing herself from a life-long sense of shame.
- Kickin’ It With CoolKicks is new from Vocal Podcast Network via Quality Ventures / Quality Control and The Network Advisory. It's the first of a "series of culture defining podcasts", we're told; there are four other titles to come.
- It's 59 years since JFK's assassination. The HISTORY Channel launches 24 Hours After: The JFK Assassination today, which takes listeners on a deep dive into the immediate aftermath of critical moments that reshaped the world - the show promises to unpack this unforgettable incident with unprecedented detail.
Podcast ads in the wild
- Quiet Part Loud, a Spotify/Gimlet podcast, had some digital billboard advertising outside Penn Station.
Gold supporters: Buzzsprout, Mowpod, Mamamia, Resonate Recordings, Paramount, Cohost, Simplecast, SALT, audioBoom, Podvine, Riverside.fm, Jar Audio, Spreaker, Podchaser, Awesound, Knit, Evergreen Podcasts, Engle, ART19, Megaphone, Adonde Media, Luminary, Podbean, Focusrite, ElasticPod, Disctopia, Podmetrics, One of One Productions Podcast S, The Roost, Knucklehead Media Group, LWC Studios, Acast, Podpage websites, We Edit Podcasts, TED Audio Collective
Silver supporters: Storic Media, Veritonic, The Podcast Haven, Osiris Media, Jonekiri, Gumball, Cloud10, Storyboard, Rococo Punch, Terra Firma Audio, Polymash, Omny Studio, Message Heard, SoundMedia, Bullhorn, Podscribe, Health Podcast Network, Julep Hosting, Julep Podcast Marketing, Glisten Media Podcast Production, SPI, Wondery, Heartcast Media50, Ossa Collective, Zvook, Sonic Influencer Marketing, Diversion Podcasts, Cleanvoice, Podcast Ad Report, Oxford Road, Lemonada Media, Pacific Content, matchmaker.fm, Kast Media, Podcast Taxi, 18sixty, Transistor, Optimal Living Daily, Bababam, Transmitter Media, Castbox, The Podcast Engineer, Headliner, Double Elvis Productions, Barevalue, Podcast Guests, Castos, Whooshkaa, Jam Street Media, Podcastpage, NPR, Notetracks, Hindenburg, Maps.fm, RockWater Industries, Rephonic, Blubrry, Latina Podcasters Network, Ad Results Media, Content10x, EverythingWithPodcasting, DAX, Hear.Here.Singapore, Podcast Partnership, StreamGuys, Rachel Corbett\s Podschool, She Podcasts, Stakhanov, adswizz, School of Podcasting, Lower Street, Cleanfeed, Margarita Noriega, Podknife, Podigy, Podcast Movement, Veritone One, Adopter Media, Sonix, Revolver Podcasts, Edison Research, Signal Hill Insights
Our personal supporters: Amy Woods, Jessica Alpert Silber, Armel, John, Mikel Ellcessor, Aaron Dowd, Gene Monterastelli, Neil Mody, David Lloyd, Matthieu Beauval, Matt Wade, Steven Goldstein, Andy Maher, Jason DeFillippo, Mirko Lagonegro, Gareth Evans, Kara Silverman, Dave Shaw, The Virtual Couch, Arion Potts, Liz Covart, Eric Hunley, Justin Jackson, Jack Rhysider, Bret Kinsella and Voicebot.ai, Karen Jackson, Josh Withers, CESLIE Armstrong, Oh God, What Now, Bradford Swanson, Stabl, Søren Hugger Møller, Patrick K. Walsh, Tom Webster, Mike Rapin, Ed Sullivan, Benjamin Masse, Eric Nuzum, Brett Johnson, Lindsay Graham, Eric John, Philip D Theophilus, Steve Stewart, Owen Grover, Pete Morgan, Joe Stone, Jody Avirgan, ShEvo (Sheila Dee & Evo Terra), Buzz Knight, Josh Muccio, Jeanette Burke, atkinsonjd, Erin Harper
Support Podnews, and our industry
Support us - this feed for Podfollow.com