The Athletic's David Ornstein, Sam Lee & Matt Slater explain everything you need to know on the ruling that saw Manchester City's two year Champions League ban overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport
We delve into the details and answer these questions:
- What was the reaction inside City to the verdict?
- Were they always confident or preparing for the worst?
- Why have CAS decided to rule in City's favour?
- Why have CAS said some of the allegations were 'time-barred' and what does that mean?
- What does this ruling mean for the future of Financial Fair Play?
- Could UEFA still mount a challenge to this decision?
- Could the Premier League decide to take action against City?
- Will this boost City's summer transfer plans?
- Will the verdict raise eyebrows in rival clubs boardrooms?
Elsewhere we're joined by The Athletic's Simon Johnson for the latest on Chelsea's pursuit of Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana and what that means for Kepa's future, we also check in with Phil Hay to take the temperature at Leeds as they inch closer to promotion, and David has insight into what a likely lack of European football will mean for Arsenal's transfer plans this summer.
Sign up to The Athletic now for David Ornstein's unrivalled insights into the world of football - head to theathletic.com/ornsteinandchapman for a 30-day free trial