Elon Musk buys $2.9 billion chunk of Twitter
Elon Musk has bought a stake in Twitter worth $2.9 billion. The Tesla boss now has a 9.2% stake in the social media platform. He’s well known for his tweets, and has more than 80million followers.
Plus - a pair of composers who created ‘the unofficial Bridgerton musical’ album using TikTok, have won a Grammy for it. Emily Bear and Abigail Barlow won the Grammy for best musical theatre album.
Also in this episode:
- Oxitec’s genetically modified Fall Armyworms designed to save crops (1.10)
- Russia to suspend ISS cooperation until sanctions are lifted (2.38)
- The official list of Covid-19 symptoms has been expanded (3.15)
- IPCC to release new report on action to tackle climate crisis (3.55)
- Gemini research finds 1 in 5 Brits own cryptocurrency (4.44)
- Test could predict effective cancer drug combinations in less than two days (5.23)
- Samsung announces new TVs will include support for NFTs (6.08)
Follow us on Twitter for more news @EveningStandard
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.