From watching starling murmurations to cooking up a vat of hot soup, from long wintery walks and forest bathing to practicing calming breathing exercises, this episode is full of ideas for gentle ways to slow down, inhale the season and exhale the stress. And with a host of get ahead tips to make sure your holiday preparations all come together in good time, you’ll feel more ready than ever for the approaching winter. With inspiration from Nick Acheson, Melissa Harrison, Charles Dickens, Jilly Shipway and Ali Roff Farrar.
Join the Winter Writing Sanctuary (my free two week writing course starting November 22, 2021, mentioned in this episode) HERE.
To be in with a chance of winning a copy of Winter by Melissa Harrison and a personalised, signed copy of my book Calm Christmas, head over to Instagram @bethkempton. The deadline for entries is 4pm UK time on Friday November 12, 2021.
Have a lovely week
Featured in this episode:
· Essay by Nick Acheson in Winter: An anthology for the changing seasons edited by Melissa Harrison
· Calm Christmas and a Happy New Year: A Little Book of Festive Joy by Beth Kempton
· Bleak House by Charles Dickens
· Yoga Through the Year by Jilly Shipway
· The Wellfulness Project by Ali Roff Farrar