Rubrics for Assessment and Learning with Beckie Bray Rankin
In this episode we talk about rubrics, not just as an assessment tool, but also as a way to help students grow in proficiency.
I'm joined by Beckie Bray Rankin, a high school French Teacher in Massachusetts, who has presented widely on the topic of rubrics...or, as she refers to them, the "thingamabob that does the job."
Beckie talks about:
- what pre-rubric teaching was like
- how she discovered rubrics (or rediscovered)
- the benefits of rubrics for students and teachers
- rubrics and IPA’s
- the Learn -Practice -Assess -Reflect cycle
- how a rubric is never really “done” and what she continues to work on
Connect with Becky on Twitter (@BBRlaprof)
Connect with Joshua and the World Language Classroom Community
Work with Joshua either in person or remotely.
Sign up for Talking Points, my weekly newsletter with tips, tools and resources for language teachers.