1.2: Pandemic of hate: We need to talk about anti-Asian abuse - with Zing Tsjeng and Hussein Kesvani
Media Storm presented by Mathilda Mallinson and Helena Wadia
Episode 1.2: Pandemic of hate: We need to talk about anti-Asian abuse - with Zing Tsjeng and Hussein Kesvani
With reports anti-Asian hate speech surged by 1,662% during the pandemic, and many accounts of rising hate crimes against Asian communities, Media Storm hears from those personally affected. It seeks to find out the impact of the pandemic on Asian people, and investigate the accuracy of the data that emerged over the Covid-19 crisis. Vice UK editor Zing Tsjeng and podcaster & producer Hussein Kesvani join us in the studio to discuss the way the mainstream media reported on the pandemic and the 2021 Atlanta Spa shootings, East & South Asian representation on screen, and the latest coverage of cricketer Azeem Rafiq's accusations of racism and bullying at Yorkshire.
Get in touch
- Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/mediastormpod
- or Instagram https://www.instagram.com/mediastormpod
- or Tiktok https://www.tiktok.com/@mediastormpod
- like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MediaStormPod
- send us an email [email protected]
- check out our website https://mediastormpodcast.com
Media Storm is part of The House of the Guilty Feminist
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.