05 INTERVIEW: Charlotte Watson - Transitioning To Group Tuition
"You need to give it time to snowball"
"You need to win the hearts and minds of parents who only believe in one kind of teaching"
Charlotte and I share as we discuss making a success of the group tuition model.
Charlotte Watson, founder of Wonderlearn, is a full-time tutor who only teaches group classes.
However, like me, she transitioned from being a 1:1 tutor to teaching groups.
You'll find this value-packed episode useful if you:
- Want to set up group classes but don't know where to start
- Have group classes, but want to attract more students
- Not sure how to manage the admin and logistics of group tuition
We address six questions:
- How do I transition to group classes if I’m new or known for 1:1 teaching?
- How do I decide how much to charge?
- What happens if students are at different attainment levels?
- How should I manage all the admin, like taking bookings and payments?
- How do I ensure interactivity and seeing student work when teaching online?
- How do I attract parents and students who are fixed on 1:1 teaching being the best solution?
What you can do next:
- Book a free call with me if you'd like to see how I can help you
- If you're a tutor, check out The Tutors' Mastermind
If you find this episode useful, I'd love for you to leave a review on Apple Podcasts, or Follow or Subscribe, depending on the platform you choose.