The ADHD Women's Wellbeing Podcast
How ADHD in women has evolved over the years and what we now know
"You have to have a fulfilling life and learn to be more authentic instead of pretending, trying to please everyone and being embarrassed."
This week, Kate talks with esteemed psychotherapist Sari Solden. Sari has been a pioneer in counselling women and men with the strengths and struggles of ADHD for over thirty years.
She is also the author of three popular and groundbreaking books on the subject. These include Women with Attention Deficit Disorder, Journeys Through ADDulthood, and a Radical Guide for Women with ADHD, which she co-authored.
Sari's areas of specialisation include the emotional consequences of women’s executive function challenges, inattentive ADHD, and the healing process for adults who grew up with undiagnosed ADHD. Sari currently focuses on supporting and mentoring neurodiverse women mental health professionals.
During the episode, Kate and Sari spoke about:
- Taking on subliminal “she” messages that affect your view of yourself.
- Busting myths about how ADHD presents in women
- How to deal with compounding ADHD co-morbidities
- Unravelling and rediscovering yourself after an ADHD diagnosis
- Becoming our more authentic selves after a diagnosis
- Claiming space and trusting your voice after a diagnosis
- The complex layers that come with ADHD
- Shame behind the unknown of undiagnosed ADHD
- The generational and gender role shifts that are changing how women see their neurodiversity
- Creating systems to help our ADHD brains and bringing in more radical acceptance
- Choosing how you want to show up, not being defined by our neurodiversity and recognising our core self
- The power of our ADHD awareness to better deal with it day to day
You can connect with Sari via her website, www.sarisolden.com.
If you enjoy the podcast, why not join Kate's ADHD Women's Wellbeing Collective, where you get access to monthly live workshops, exclusive audio content and new resources specifically for the membership? I'd love to see you in this amazing, like-minded community! Click here for all details
To buy tickets for Kate's new October workshop on 'ADHD Burnout', click here
Big thanks to this week's sponsor Neubria.com who has offered all listeners a 20% discount on all their supplements. Enter kate20 to receive the discount.
Kate Moryoussef is a women’s ADHD Lifestyle & Wellbeing coach and EFT practitioner helping overwhelmed yet unfulfilled (many with ADHD like her) women find more calm, balance, health, compassion, creativity and clarity in their lives.
Have a look at some of Kate's free resources here.
Follow the podcast on Instagram here
Have a read of Kate’s articles in ADDitude magazine here