Reflections on My 30 Year High School Reunion
In this episode, I take you on a journey through the nostalgic experience of attending my 30-year high school reunion in Richland, Washington. I also share poignant details of my senior year back in 1993 and how my community’s connection to the Hanford site, a significant piece of history tied to the ending of World War II, influenced our senior class gift back to the school...
As President of my senior class, I led a project to raise $21,000 for a massive 3,200 sq. ft. mural to be painted and affixed to the exterior wall of our gymnasium to commemorate the “Day's Pay” B-17 airplane.
Listen in to hear a touching story of unity by 51,000 Hanford site workers during World War II as they gave up a day’s pay in order to donate a B-17 to the war effort. The mural, painted by artist Pablo Soto, unveiled the legacy of the “Day's Pay” and served as a symbol of both our community’s and school's history.
Transitioning to the reunion, I recount the emotional rollercoaster of reconnecting with classmates after three decades. From reminiscing about my 10-year and 20-year reunions to the newfound authenticity and camaraderie felt this time around, each reunion has marked a checkpoint in our lives. I explore the deep connections that bind us to our childhood classmates and the growth we've experienced over the years.
What You’ll Learn:
- The historical significance of the Hanford site and its connection to my high school
- Creating a commemorative mural honoring the “Day's Pay” and its symbolism
- The emotional journey of attending a 30-year high school reunion
- Embracing vulnerability, authenticity, and gratitude from reconnecting with childhood friends
- Another legacy moment that happened just this year in connection with the “Day’s Pay” and the local police department’s uniforms
Join me as we dive into a whirlwind of emotions, laughs, and life lessons from a reunion that's about way more than just reminiscing. It's all about the connections that bind us and the legacy we leave behind.
- To see some pics of me in high school, the “Day's Pay” mural, and my 30 year high school reunion, go here: https://www.charisyourlife.com/blog/reflections-on-my-30-year-high-school-reunion
- Get my FREE on-demand video training: How to Live Life on Your Own Terms & Timeline (Ditch Life's Guilt & Anxiety — Finally Find More Peace of Mind) https://charisyourlife.com/video
- Follow me on Instagram: https://instagram.com/charisyourlife
- Follow me on Facebook: https://facebook.com/charisyourlife/
- Follow me on LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/charisyourlife/
- Follow me on YouTube: https://charisyourlife.com/youtube/
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/charisyourlife/
- My website: https://charisyourlife.com/