In this episode, Apolonia talks with Bec Corvin, who is responsible for Safety and Leadership Development at ProTect-All Solutions. A safety and leadership company that specializes in building relationships and reducing risk through strategically developing an organization’s culture, ProTect-All Solutions has locations in Houston and Pittsburgh.
Topics that Apolonia and Bec discuss in this episode:
* How Bec got started out in safety for the oil and gas industry, including how she had to quickly skill-up with terms such as metacarpal gloves, personal gas detection, Pelican cases, self-contained breathing apparatuses (aka SCBAs), and so forth.
* How it’s cliché to say, yet it’s true, that companies often have safety manuals, regulations, systems, and tools, but all of these are sometimes different from what actually happens on a worksite. Bec views her job as bringing those as close together as possible.
* Bec working her way up from an assistant safety representative to where she is today.
* The benefits of seeing the people you work with as friends, brothers, and sisters.
* Giving workers the tools and information to make their own decisions, rather than twisting their arms, or telling them that “this is what the company wants you to do.”
Apolonia Rockwell is the Founder and CEO of True Safety Services and True Safety University.
Learn more about “The True Safety Podcast with Apolonia Rockwell”: https://www.truesafetyservices.com/podcast.
Subscribe to Apolonia Rockwell’s YouTube channel (where we also post her podcasts): http://bit.ly/subscribe-Apolonia-Rockwell-YouTube.
True Safety Services is Colorado’s #1 provider in safety training and safety management services. Learn more about True Safety Services: https://www.truesafetyservices.com.
True Safety University is a world class virtual training platform for individuals and companies: https://www.truesafetyuniversity.com.
Connect with True Safety Services:
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/truesafetyservices.
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/truesafetyservices.
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/true_safety.
This episode was produced by Story On Media & Marketing: https://www.successwithstories.com.