Climate of crisis for farmers: Fairtrade Fortnight Special
Claire Rhodes (CEO, Producers Direct), Ed Gillespie (the Futurenauts podcast, Greenpeace Director) and Sir Tim Smit (founder of the Eden Project) join John for a live recording of this Fairtrade Fortnight special edition.
Our guests delve into how climate change is affecting the farmers that grow our food, what that means for all of us and how we can all help.
- The reliance on small-scale farmers for food and commodities and their vulnerability to climate shocks
- The challenges facing small-scale farmers and who benefits from the trading system
- The reasons behind monocrop farming and its consequences
- Business greenwashing and the need to democratise climate data access
- How and why we need to create resilient landscapes to grow crops
See Cafédirect website for more information.