#644 Anxiety in Children with Dr Anthea Rhodes
RCH Health Poll - Recognising anxiety in children
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Parents report 50% of children aged three years and over are experiencing problems with anxiety, with 36% experiencing ‘somewhat of’ a problem and 14% experiencing a ‘big’ problem.
- One in five children (19%) are anxious about attending school or kindergarten.
- On average, parents recognise only half of the common signs and symptoms of mental health problems in children.
- Only one in three parents are confident they could tell the difference between ‘normal’ worries in children and anxiety that might need professional help.
- What are kids anxious about?
- What is driving the increase in anxiety in kids?
- What helps people be less anxious?
For more information, including info on the signs of anxiety, when and where to seek help, and a range of ways to support children with anxiety, RCH developed a new fact sheet: Anxiety - primary school aged children
Find us on Facebook at Dr Justin Coulson's Happy Families
Email us your questions and comments at [email protected]