There’s no other place to start this week than with the news of the Velesto Naga 7 oil rig sinking off Malaysia. Our man in Asia, Damon Evans, takes us through the events. No one was hurt, but will there be an open inquiry? And how will the rig be recovered?
Staying with issues of safety, the team assess the consequences – or perhaps lack thereof – for a precarious decommissioning job for the Buchan Alpha oil rig, leading offshore union Unite to describe the HSE as “a paper tiger with no bite”.
Rounding us off, it’s a new venture from ex Tullow boss Paul McDade with Afentra. Just as smaller companies have filled the void left by majors in regions like the North Sea, this new venture hopes to do the same in West Africa. But how will that play out with climate change so strongly in the conversation?
Energy Voice, in association with Deloitte, Fasken and Costain, are delighted to present a virtual event series that digs deeper into the prospects for hydrogen in order to separate the hard facts from the hype. Register today to hear from the experts and join the conversation about hydrogen’s future role in the global energy system at trackinghydrogen.com
Energy Voice helps organisations understand the geopolitical, economic and financial factors that underpin market events, and give you a view on what’s coming over the horizon. As a listener to this podcast, you can get a free trial of energyvoice.com, giving you two weeks of unrestricted access to the latest crucial news and insight. The trial is entirely without obligation – we don’t want your credit card, and there’s no auto-enrolment at the end. 📧 Email [email protected] to get the best market analysis in the world, free.
🗣 To find out how to speak to over one million qualified users in global energy, through our peerless digital news and insight platform, visit https://www.energyvoice.com/content-services
Bookmark and subscribe to energyvoice.com, sign up to our newsletter, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- To accept the trial offer, email [email protected] providing your name.
- One of our sales team will set up as a user of the Energy Voice website, apply your trial allowance and email you to provide access instructions.
- You will have two weeks of unlimited access from the point at which the trial allowance is instigated. At the end of the trial period you will retain your user account but will only be able to view a restricted number of articles as a free registered user (currently four per month).
- You will not be automatically enrolled on a paid subscription at the end of the trial period. A member of the sales team will contact you to find out if you are interested in subscribing, provide options for subscription and payment if so, and process the transaction with your authorisation. Alternatively you can purchase a subscription directly from the website.
- We retain the right to terminate trials and free registered user accounts without notice or explanation.