Hurricane Energy is no longer jumpin’ jack flash, with recent news from the company being described by one analyst as “another twitch” in its death throes. Once, shareholders had piled in to the company’s fractured basement story but now it seems there is less and less that can be done by the management team.
Having a better time of things was Cairn Energy, which has sold down some of its stormy North Sea assets in order to shift into Egypt, Mauritania – and maybe Israel. The company is still hoping to cash in on its long-winded legal wranglings, but India has not offered much satisfaction so far.
A helicopter came astray last week, with its wheel getting stuck in the helideck of Equinor’s Mariner A platform. Mark felt positive about the installation’s strategic chocolate egg supplies, but the accident compounded a wet and windy week for the North Sea.
Energy Voice, in association with Deloitte, Fasken and Costain, are delighted to present a virtual event series that digs deeper into the prospects for hydrogen in order to separate the hard facts from the hype. Register today to hear from the experts and join the conversation about hydrogen’s future role in the global energy system at trackinghydrogen.com
Energy Voice helps organisations understand the geopolitical, economic and financial factors that underpin market events, and give you a view on what’s coming over the horizon. As a listener to this podcast, you can get a free trial of energyvoice.com, giving you two weeks of unrestricted access to the latest crucial news and insight. The trial is entirely without obligation – we don’t want your credit card, and there’s no auto-enrolment at the end. 📧 Email [email protected] to get the best market analysis in the world, free.
🗣 To find out how to speak to over one million qualified users in global energy, through our peerless digital news and insight platform, visit https://www.energyvoice.com/content-services
Bookmark and subscribe to energyvoice.com, sign up to our newsletter, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- To accept the trial offer, email [email protected] providing your name.
- One of our sales team will set up as a user of the Energy Voice website, apply your trial allowance and email you to provide access instructions.
- You will have two weeks of unlimited access from the point at which the trial allowance is instigated. At the end of the trial period you will retain your user account but will only be able to view a restricted number of articles as a free registered user (currently four per month).
- You will not be automatically enrolled on a paid subscription at the end of the trial period. A member of the sales team will contact you to find out if you are interested in subscribing, provide options for subscription and payment if so, and process the transaction with your authorisation. Alternatively you can purchase a subscription directly from the website.
- We retain the right to terminate trials and free registered user accounts without notice or explanation.