In this episode of Flourish in the Foreign, Lola shares her story of moving from Nigeria to the US at 15 years old to attend university, the evolution of her career in travel photojournalism, moving to Sweden, the development of her fondness of Swedish culture, and her new book, "In Every Mirror She's Black".
This Episode Covers:
- Attending University in the United States
- Her Career in Photojournalism
- Advice for Travel Journalists & Creators
- Moving to Sweden
- Understanding Swedish Culture
- The Swedish Response to COVID-19
- The Swedish Health System
- Raising Bi-Racial Children in Sweden
- "In Every Mirror She's Black"
Check out these resources:
- "Every Mirror She's Black" By Lola Akinmade Åkerström
- Lagom: The Swedish Secret of Living Well
- Build a Business Abroad Guide
- Build a Business Abroad Group Coaching
- Quarterly Visioning & Business Strategy
*Affiliate links are used to support this podcast and website at no extra cost to you! Thank you for your support!
Christine Job-Creator & Host
Zachary Higgs-Theme Music
Like this episode? Love the podcast? Buy me a coffee
SUPPORT THE PODCAST