062 How do Sales Leaders Add Value to Their Salespeople? With Dwayne Dulmage from BDC
Dwayne Dulmage is the Vice President and Program Lead, Digital Transformation at BDC. Dwayne has spent over 25 years in banking with both The Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) and the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC). With most of his career spent as a senior leader in commercial banking, he's had the opportunity to gain valuable experience relative to the challenges faced by all entrepreneurs as they seek to grow their businesses.
In today's episode, we discuss how sales leaders can provide value to their salespeople and run super-productive teams by managing activities, not results.
What You'll Learn:
- How sales leaders can add value to their salespeople
- Comparing sales pre-Covid and sales post-Covid
- How to build a brand by being active in the market
- Red flags in a skinny sales funnel
- Why sales leaders should manage activities, not results
- The role of top-of-funnel activities in determining sales success
- Key steps toward client-centric selling
- Practices of incredibly successful salespeople
- Dwayne's advice to his younger self on better selling
We know that sales leaders have a significant influence on sales results. Dwayne adds that the best sales organisations have great sales leaders. This is also what separates high-performing teams who exceed their quota from strugglers who miss their quota.
If you'd like to hear more insights from Dwayne, he'll be speaking at the IoT North Conference, November 15-16, check the links on how to join us!
Links and Resources:
- Full Funnel Freedom is the official podcast of the IoT North Conference! Join us November 15-16 in Calgary by going to https://iotnorthconference.ca/. Listen for discount code for 20% off your tickets!
- When you need to hire top sales professionals, turn to a recruiting partner that speaks sales. Alaant Workforce Solutions. Learn more and book a discovery call at www.fullfunnelfreedom.com/alaant
- The perfect CRM system, streamlined business processes and happier customers – Eligeo CRM Inc can make it happen for your business. Go to www.fullfunnelfreedom.com/eligeo for more info
- Bank for Canadian entrepreneurs - https://www.bdc.ca/en
- Pete Oliver, Making the Climb https://amzn.to/3COBWdb
- Article, Your Salespeople are Advocating the Wrong Way https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/your-salespeople-advocating-wrong-way-hamish-knox/?trk=portfolio_article-card_title
- Full Funnel Freedom https://fullfunnelfreedom.com
- The Sandler Summit 2023 https://www.hamish.sandler.com/orlando
- Sandler on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sandler_yyc/
- Sandler in Calgary - www.hamish.sandler.com/howtosandler
- Connect with Hamish Knox on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/hamishknox/
- Sponsorship or guest inquiries - [email protected]