061 The Ballad of a Cowardly Salesperson
Most salespeople are cowards. They may look and act tough, but deep down, they're afraid of tackling key business development tasks. No salesperson wants to be called a coward, but that is exactly what most salespeople are. Cowardice in sales is a real problem for one simple reason: fear of rejection leads to missed opportunities and, therefore, a giant waste of time and money.
In today's episode, I'll share with you the tale of the cowardly salesperson, as well as some ideas on how sales leaders can instill courage and bravery in the members of their sales team.
What You'll Learn:
- Do you have cowardly salespeople on your team?
- Why most salespeople are afraid of business development
- The insecurities of selling
- How to stretch your team's comfort zone
- Biggest red flags in salespeople you should never ignore
- Why you need to celebrate the small wins in your team
- The three phases of sales engagement
- The innate human need for recognition
Here's the best-kept secret to successful selling: it doesn't take guts to prospect, sell, or build client relationships. You just need a strategy.
Links and Resources:
- Full Funnel Freedom is the official podcast of the IoT North Conference! Join us November 15-16 in Calgary by going to https://iotnorthconference.ca/. Listen for discount code for 20% off your tickets!
-When you need to hire top sales professionals, turn to a recruiting partner that speaks sales. Alaant Workforce Solutions. Learn more and book a discovery call at www.fullfunnelfreedom.com/alaant
- The perfect CRM system, streamlined business processes and happier customers – Eligeo CRM Inc can make it happen for your business. Go to www.fullfunnelfreedom.com/eligeo for more info
- Full Funnel Freedom https://fullfunnelfreedom.com
- The Sandler Summit 2023 https://www.hamish.sandler.com/orlando
- Sandler on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sandler_yyc/
- Sandler in Calgary - www.hamish.sandler.com/howtosandler
- Connect with Hamish Knox on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/hamishknox/
- Sponsorship or guest inquiries - [email protected]