#010: How Gallium Nitride (GaN) is Changing the World /w Award-winning Prof. Martin Kuball
This episode explores a special material called gallium nitride (GaN) that is not only a super efficient semiconductor, but is also changing the tech industry and is destined to disrupt the established silicon industry. GaN tech could save 10% of the electricity consumption in the US alone. And consumers can already purchase products using this high-tech material. To further explore this fascinating material, I interview the multi-award-winning professor Martin Kuball.
This episode will explain:
- What gallium nitride (GaN) is
- The properties that make this material extraordinary
- What advantages GaN has compared to silicon
- How GaN is disrupting the silicon industry
- What challenges there are when developing GaN devices
- The common misconceptions people have about GaN and what aspects are over-hyped
- What it really takes to go from research to a groundbreaking innovation and how much effort goes into producing next generation technologies
- How our future could look like once GaN and next generations batteries are widely deployed
- What types of skills researches need in order to go from research to product
- And finally, the biggest surprises and breakthroughs my guest has had during his career as a scientist
Show Notes, Transcription, & Resources Mentioned: gammabeyond.com/en/podcast/010
Podcast Website: www.innovationalcorrectness.com
If you enjoyed this episode, could I ask you for one small favor?
Would you please consider rating and reviewing this podcast on iTunes, Overcast or the podcast app of your choice? It really helps us out, by encouraging more people to find our podcast and reach hard-to-get guests.
Last but not least, if you have any suggestions for further episodes or guests should be invited on this podcast or just have feedback, shoot us a quick email: [email protected] or fill out our feedback form.
Follow & add David on: