The Sensory System is the Fast Track To Safety
- Pelvic OTPs United -- Lindsey's new off-line community!
- Get Lindsey's 9 page OTs Map to the World of Pelvic Health.
- Meet Lindsey on the OTs for Pelvic Health Facebook Group!
- Check Out More OT Pelvic Health Content here.
- The first ever Trauma-Informed Pelvic Health Certification by Lindsey + Lara
- Find Lindsey on IG! @functionalpelvis
Meet my guest: Sarah S. Sidar, PP-OTD, OTR/L, BCB-PMD of Balanced Pelvic Health
Where to find her on social media: FB & IG: @balancedpelvichealth and
Faculty Shenandoah University Division of Occupational Therapy
Here is an incredible companion of ideas (worksheets and research) that Sarah wants to share with you.
We chat about:
1. How do you incorporate the sensory system in your sessions with clients? Can you walk us through an example?
2. Who do you primarily see in your practice and do you use the full sensory profile assessment with them?
3. How does sensory processing impact our experience of pain, urinary & bowel symptoms?
4. Do you think we should be incorporating these principles more often into pelvic health settings?
5. Can you share evidence & research on sensory processing & pain perception?
6. What are some simple things that OTPs listening can start to do tomorrow if they are curious about adding sensory regulation tools into their setting?
7. What books are you reading or podcasts are you listening to?
8. Where do you go for pelvic health inspiration?
9. What do you love to do to recharge/ reset your nervous system?
- Weekly group mentoring calls with me. I'm doing this exclusively inside this community. These aren't your boring old Zoom calls where I'm a talking head. We interact, we coach, we learn from each other. The power of these community calls is staggering. Plus, I've got a lineup of experts coming in you don't to miss (see the P.S.).
- Highly curated forums. The worst is when you post a question on FB just to have it drowned out with 10 other questions that follow it. So, I've got dedicated forums on different populations, different diagnosis, different topics (including business). Hop it, post your specific question, and get the expert advice you need.
- Private podcast. Miss a group coaching call? Not a problem, the audio is uploaded to a private podcast so you can listen on the go. Turn your commute into a transformative
More info here. I would love support you in this quiet corner off social media!