OTs In Pelvic Health
Pressure, Posture, Pulls and Performance with Kathe Wallace
Kathe Wallace and I talk about:
- How intra abdominal pressure occurs functionally and translates over into meaningful tasks. What's the difference between the Valsalva maneuver and the bear down maneuver. Kathe mentions, "airdown as you bear down."
- The Pelvic Floor excursion --- contract, lift and release
- Where Kathe puts jer hands and then asks her clients to put their hands for enhanced interoception?
- Telling clients how to learn vs giving them a functional task
- Posture as a reflection of our beliefs and our mood
- How Kathe uses a flexible ruler
- The foot and the pelvic floor relationship -- what??!!!
- How Kathe explains the concept of a 360 approach of breathing to clients
- Kathe shares about the future of pelvic health
How to find Kathe:
OT Pioneers: Intro to Pelvic Floor Therapy for Occupational Therapists opens April 24-28, 2023. I would love to be support you!