On the show today, we have John Lee Dumas, the founder and host of the award-winning podcast Entrepreneurs on Fire which has over 100 million listens of his 3000+ episodes. He turned his podcast into a media empire that generates over a million listens every month and 7-figures of NET annual revenue 91 months in a row.
John transformed his life from a struggling veteran to a person of incredible value 8 years ago when he started his podcast Entrepreneurs on Fire.
In this episode, we talk about John’s journey to successful entrepreneurship, listen in to learn why you should understand your fears and doubts but still make the move towards your dreams.
Pivotal Questions Asked:
- [4:48] How was the switch from a W2 earner to starting your own podcast? What mindset shift had to happen, and were the people around you supportive of that?
- [13:48] Why are entrepreneurs failing at such a high rate?
- [17:35] Let’s talk about the Common Path to Uncommon Success book.
- [23:03] What’s next for you?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- [2:36] John describes how he turned his life from a struggling veteran to a person of value.
- [5:35] He explains how finding the right mentor was key to his success.
- [8:19] How to be the change you want by doing what isn’t being done.
- [9:51] Understanding that doubts, fears, and impostor syndrome are part of your human journey.
- [11:12] Why you should replace the word perfectionist with a coward.
- [12:55] How to uncover your big unique idea and turn it into an opportunity that allows you to live in your zone of fire.
- [14:16] Stop settling for a life you don’t like and instead choose a tomorrow you love.
- [17:35] John talks about his book Common Path to Uncommon Success.
- [21:06] The importance of designing your content production plan.
- [23:06] John explains why promoting his book is his number one priority moving forward.
- “The perfect mentor is very clear to me; it is somebody who is where you want to be.”- John [5:39]
- “If you want to be the best, you’ve got to be the only.”- John [8:47]
- “What we need more of is people living every single day within their zone of fire; what we need less of is people waking up as pale weak imitations of successful entrepreneurs.”- John [15:00]
What can you do today? To Be Productive. Effective. Perform at your best. Even now.
Are you struggling to stay focused? If you have the right framework, it takes the guesswork out of Productivity.
Get our FREE mini-series 4 Steps: Doing More in Less Time
Visit pivot-me.com/4Steps to get it TODAY!