Our guest today is the Founder & CEO of The New Mid, Michelle Newman. She is a former award-winning television executive turned transformational life coach, and host of “The New Mid” podcast, which is ranked #7 in “The Top Ten Valuable Podcasts for Midlife Women.” She works with midlife women to take charge of their future and get rid of self-limiting beliefs in order to live an abundant second half.
Michelle shifted from the entertainment industry and focused on changing her mindset and becoming a solopreneur.
In this episode, we discuss how a brain hemorrhage forced Michelle to change her perspective about life and be open to new situations. Listen in to learn the importance of representing your brand and being consistent with whatever activities you engage in.
Some Questions Asked:
- [6:04] What was the catalyst for your shift from the entertainment industry?
- [13:37] How did you deal with the identity change from your career status to what you’re doing now?
- [20:40] Where does the backbone to make all these significant changes in your life come from?
- [33:34] Did you struggle with visibility on social media?
- [43:26] In the things that you do within your Facebook and on your podcast, can you give us some insights on the topics that you discuss and the journey that you take people through?
- [52:20] What’s next for Michelle?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- [4:07] Michelle talks about her time in the entertainment industry and how a near-death experience shifted her life and career.
- [9:03] How to shift and be available to new situations and people- how Michelle’s brain hemorrhage led to meeting her husband.
- [14:07] She explains how she dealt with shifting from a demanding job to a dedicated mom and solopreneur.
- [17:05] The importance of helping and supporting midlife women who are doing great for themselves.
- [20:57] The power of believing in yourself- that you can do whatever you set your mind to.
- [21:56] Michelle talks about her interesting experience doing the Ironman before she became a mom.
- [26:36] The time management and discipline lessons she learned from spending time with Betty White.
- [30:26] The importance of consistency and showing up when you’re needed to.
- [33:45] How to use social media to create and promote your brand as an entrepreneur.
- [39:32] Michelle explains the importance of representing your authentic self on social media.
- [43:40] How Michelle coaches people to have the right mindset, surround themselves with three types of people, and build the right habits.
- [47:18] Why you should learn to ‘eat the ugliest frog first’; which is doing what you don’t like first.
- [49:45] Why you should develop the habit of drinking water for your mental and physical wellbeing.
- [52:26] What the future looks like for Michelle- continue expanding her coaching business and podcasting.
- [53:53] She advises you to continue going, and doing what is beneficial to your life.
Show notes Quotes:
- “The more you’re looking at that closed door, you’re not going to be able to see the other opportunities that are coming your way.”- Michelle [10:57]
- “You’re not going to love every step of it, it’s really consistent execution that gets us there.”- April [29:17]
- “Just figure it out, keep going, and show up for yourself and for the people that you’re serving.”- Michelle [30:48]
- “It all starts and ends with your mindset.”- Michelle [44:13]
What can you do today? To Be Productive. Effective. Perform at your best. Even now.
Are you struggling to stay focused? If you have the right framework, it takes the guesswork out of Productivity.
Get our FREE mini-series 4 Steps: Doing More in Less Time
Visit pivot-me.com/4Steps to get it TODAY!