How Ali Hylton Grew Their Podcast by Leveraging Fans and Word of Mouth
In this episode, we chat with Ali Hylton, producer of Dining in the Void, to learn how they grew their podcast by leveraging fans & word-of-mouth.
- PodInbox - Get Your Free Podcast Fanpage - https://podinbox.com
Follow Podcast Growth Hacks and Pat Cheung
- Ask a Question - https://podinbox.com/podcast
- Website - https://podcastgrowthhacks.com
- Twitter - @patcheung
Follow Ali Hylton, Dining in The Void, and Human Error
- Ali Hylton - Website
- Twitter - @MissAliHylton
- Dining in the Void - website / tumblr
- Human Error - website
Podcast Growth Hacks Learned in This Episode
- Finance your podcast with Crowdfunding.
- Season 1 can be hard to crowdfund, so consider producing it on a volunteer basis.
- If you do get volunteers, be upfront that this is a volunteer-run show.
- It’s ok to take long breaks between seasons.
- If you do, consider posting updates from time-to-time
- Consider creating a companion blog, on something like Tumblr, to post updates, post fan art, etc.
- Leverage a chat platform like Discord
- Create your own Discord server to further engage with fans.
- Leverage other Discord communities to help promote your show.
- Join a network of shows in the same genre to get…
- Marketing support
- Cross-promotion of shows
- Cross-promotion of crowdfunding campaigns
Podcasts & Resources Mentioned in This Episode