How Angie Griffith Grew Her Podcast Through Collaborations and Long Term Thinking
In this episode, we chat with Angie Griffith, host of 4 Things for Your Podcast, to learn how she grew her podcast, and her business, through collaborations.
- PodInbox - Get Your Free Podcast Fanpage - https://podinbox.com
Follow Podcast Growth Hacks and Pat Cheung
- Ask a Question - https://podinbox.com/podcast
- Website - https://podcastgrowthhacks.com
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/patcheung
Follow Angie Griffith & 4 Things For Your Podcast
- Website - https://www.podpage.com/4thingsforyourpodcast/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/theangiegriff
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/theangiegriffith/
- Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/angelagriffithconnect/
Podcast Growth Hacks Learned in This Episode
- On average, a podcast can take 3 years, before it really starts to grow…so be patient.
- If you’re considering advertising revenue, consider the idea of selling “Title Sponsorships”
- You can bundle the episodes as an annual or half-year package
- The advertiser would get…
- an ad spot
- a “brought to you by…” mention in each episode intro
- their logo on the cover art
- links on the website and the episode descriptions
- Instagram posts, etc
- For podcasts getting 1000 downloads per episode, you can sell a title sponsorship for $1800 for 40 episodes (1 year).
- Episode titles are very important.
- A potential listener needs to be able to scan across your episodes, and get a clear idea of what they’ll expect listening to your show.
- Great episode titles are like great ad copy…so take time to be intentional about them
- Custom episode artwork might be a waste of time.
- Numbering episodes might have some good benefits as a referencing tool.
- As a creator, schedule in some breaks to rest and recharge…and avoid burnout.
- If you take episode breaks, DO tell your audience what to expect.
- Podcast guesting helps introduce other people’s audiences to your podcast
- Try to podcast guest frequently, even once a week is a valid amount.
Podcasts & Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Allie Reeves - Six Figure Influencer
- 4 Things for your Podcast - Year 1 in Online Business (Part 1
- Podcasting Q&A - Pros and Cons of Episode Artwork
- Kristen Cavallari & Stephen Colletti - Back to the Beach
- Julie Solomon - The Influencer Podcast
- 4 Things for your Podcast - Ep57. How to Activate Your Purpose with Julie Solomon
- Group Convert - Get Email Addresses from Facebook Groups
- Zoom - To record remote podcast interviews
- Calendly - To schedule podcast interview guests
- Smartless - Shawn Levy