Financial results for Acast, Audacy and iHeart; Vizzy enriches podcasts; and Sam goes to the pub
Welcome to EP 1 of Podnews Weekly with James Cridland and Sam Sethi.
Podnews supports both transcripts and chapters, if your podcast app doesn’t then grab a new app from podnews.net/newpodcastapps
Sponsored By: Buzzsprout - brilliant video from Alban Brooke. I want this guy to do a video on Value4Value! - said Adam Curry
Special Guest: Nic Ivanov - CEO Vizzy.fm
- Vizzy, a web-based podcast enrichment platform, is looking for early adopters to use its tool. Images, chapters and links can be added to podcasts, and are viewable using Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Podcast Addict and others.
- Acast released its financial report for Q3/22
- Amazon Music Prime users, and Amazon Music Unlimited, now has thousands of ad-free podcasts from Acast
- The Podnews Daily podcast is on Amazon Music. Here’s how to add yours.
- The Fediverse is so much bigger than Mastodon says Castopod. (Castopod has been connected to Mastodon since April 2021) …Dave Jones has also pointed out that this is where cross-app comments live, so it’s a good opportunity for podcasting.
- If you’re one of the many people making the leap to Mastodon, you might be interested in MastoFeed, a tool to share new episodes of your podcast.
Follow us on Mastodon
- James is @[email protected]
- Sam is @[email protected]
- Podcast hosting company Libsyn - the first in the world - turns 18 tomorrow. Founded by Dave Mansueto, Matt Hoopes, Marty
James Curry pulls back the curtain on the news producer life. From handling diva...
Support the show
Get in touch with our weekly review of all things podcasting!