AI, Religion and Identity #12
Today, I'm joined by Prof. Dr. Beth Singler, Assistant Professor in Digital Religion(s) at the University of Zurich and Rev. Dr. Joshua K. Smith, Pastor and Theologian, to discuss digital religion, and our spiritual identity online.
This episode of The Future of You covers:
- The trends in digital religion
- How people are developing communities and ideas about technology online
- How AI shapes and molds what we are doing spiritually.
- Our perspective bias at the dawn of a new millennium
- Anthropomorphism of AI
- Whether AI can help us become better moral beings
- Corporatist agency, personal agency, and AI politicians
- The ongoing outsourcing of our own decision making to AI
- Nihilism, apocalypticism, and the reemergence of the Satanic and occult aesthetic.
The Future of You: Can Your Identity Survive 21st Century Technology?: www.amazon.co.uk/Future-You-Identity-21st-Century-Technology-ebook/dp/B08XBN4GBB
Links and references at: www.traceyfollows.com