Nurses strike begins: will we see a resolution?
Nurses using food banks and working second jobs to stay afloat. Royal College of Nursing union’s 48-hour strike begins. Will the government back down over the pay rise dispute? Natalie Brooks, a Nurse and RCN member, explains why she’s taking strike action. Plus our Health Reporter Daniel Keane discusses the politics around the industrial action, and how the government is dealing with the dispute. In this episode:
- What has forced nurses to take strike action?
- How some nurses are left ‘in tears’ after their shift
- Why RCN members want to see ‘respect’ from the government
- How the government is resisting calls for a pay rise
- Why no action from the government could haunt them next year
Follow us on Twitter #TheLeaderPodcast
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.