The COP Shop 03: Reasons to be optimistic
Head of Climate Change at NatWest, James Close, joins Allister Thomas this week from Glasgow where he’s been for the whole of COP26, and, just returned from the floor to her offices in London, CEO of energy generation at Octopus, Zoisa North-Bond, joins them both – all to reflect on the only show in town.
Sponsored by NatWest, this mini-series aims to understand the issues and opportunities in energy and the energy transition, and what role green finance has in supporting and shaping that change, and with a lot of the narrative coming from the conference being a little downbeat, the team wanted to know: are there reasons to be optimistic about what COP26 has managed to achieve?
Energy Voice helps organisations understand the geopolitical, economic and financial factors that underpin market events, and give you a view on what’s coming over the horizon. As a listener to this podcast, you can get a free trial of energyvoice.com, giving you two weeks of unrestricted access to the latest crucial news and insight. The trial is entirely without obligation – we don’t want your credit card, and there’s no auto-enrolment at the end. 📧 Email [email protected] to get the best market analysis in the world, free.
🗣 To find out how to speak to over one million qualified users in global energy, through our peerless digital news and insight platform, visit https://www.energyvoice.com/content-services
Bookmark and subscribe to energyvoice.com, sign up to our newsletter, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- To accept the trial offer, email [email protected] providing your name.
- One of our sales team will set up as a user of the Energy Voice website, apply your trial allowance and email you to provide access instructions.
- You will have two weeks of unlimited access from the point at which the trial allowance is instigated. At the end of the trial period you will retain your user account but will only be able to view a restricted number of articles as a free registered user (currently four per month).
- You will not be automatically enrolled on a paid subscription at the end of the trial period. A member of the sales team will contact you to find out if you are interested in subscribing, provide options for subscription and payment if so, and process the transaction with your authorisation. Alternatively you can purchase a subscription directly from the website.
- We retain the right to terminate trials and free registered user accounts without notice or explanation.