The British Broadcasting Century with Paul Kerensa
100 Years in 100 Minutes, part 2 (1955-87)
Part 2 of our mad dash through the British Broadcasting Century, spanning 1955-87 - the competition years.
Part 1 contained more archive; this contains more guests, as we creep nearer the present-day and rights issues become more prevalent.
YOU HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO:1950s: John Reith, Fanny Cradock, Paul Hayes, Justin Webb, Dr Amy Holdsworth, my daughter, Alan Stafford, David Hamilton 1960s: Michael Wakelin, Simon Dunn, Charles Huff, Gareth Jones, Johnny Beerling, Roger Moffat, David Dunhill, Emperor Rosko, Cindy Kent, James Cary, Jeffrey Holland, Reeta Chakrabarti, Alec Reid 1970s: Maurice Blisson, Norman Green, Belinda Campbell, Andrew Barker, Roger Bolton 1980s: Neil Jackson, Bob Richardson
- Belinda Campbell's chat on Jim'll Fix It is from Paul's other podcast, A Paul Kerensa Podcast (formerly known as The Heptagon Club). Hear it here: https://pod.fo/e/fe7e9
- Like what we do? Support us on Patreon.com/Paulkerensa
- Sharing is caring. Do share our episodes on social media, or send an email to someone, or down the pub in conversation...
- We're on facebook.com/bbcentury, with a separate group on facebook.com/groups/bbcentury, and on twitter.com/bbcentury.
- The novel based on this podcast is due out in February 2023: Auntie and Uncles - details here: https://amzn.to/3hxe4lX
In 2023 we'll continue examining the broadcasting century the slow way.
Next time though, to conclude our end of centenary year, join us for part 3 (1988-2022).