Clerestory (Bryan Kam)
AI and Pyrrhonism, with Isabela Granic
Part 3 in a series of interviews on the book I'm working on, Neither/Nor. In this episode, Isabela Granic and I discuss how AI technologies like ChatGPT relate to living textual traditions. We then move into Socrates vs Zhuangzi, and the Pyrrhonist "middle way" between dogmatism and nihilism.
- Previous podcast episode: The AI and Dark Forest, with Maggie Appleton
- The relationship of textual traditions to their oral traditions and central texts
- The Socratic method versus Zhuangzi's "illumination"
- Pyrrho of Elis and Sextus Empiricus
- Part 2 of this series: A Philosophical Journey, with Isabela Granic
Clerestory by Bryan Kam • Infrequent updates at Substack • All my work plus exclusive content at Patreon
Show notes https://bit.ly/3J50vEG--- Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/bkam/message