Student Choice in the Language Classroom with Maureen Lamb
In this episode we talk about the effectiveness of providing students with choice in the language classroom. Why should we consider this? What does it look like in practice? Maureen Lamb, a Latin and Ancient Greek teacher in West Hartford, CT, joins me to talk through the logistics and benefits of student choice in their language learning.
Maureen speaks about:
- what led her to look into making “choice” a part of her students’ learning experience.
- the results of implementing (offering) choices to her students.
- the various ways that she has used to offer choice to students.
- the student perspective and experience when given choice.
- assessment and keeping it all manageable.
Connect with Maureen Lamb:
Connect with Joshua and the World Language Classroom Community
Work with Joshua either in person or remotely.
Sign up for Talking Points, my weekly newsletter with tips, tools and resources for language teachers.