Eurostar faces more misery, defending Paris waiters and key questions on new French language tests
On the menu this week we look at whether more French cities will follow the lead of Paris by turning up the heat big fuel guzzling SUV vehicles plus we find out why Eurostar is facing more travel misery.
We'll try to understand French waiters - are they just grumpy garçons or serious professionals who get an unfair reputation and answer some of your important questions on the new French language requirements for residency permits and citizenship.
And we'll explore whether the French, reputed as being the world's biggest romancers, are actually bothered about Valentine's Day?
This podcast is produced by The Local and made possible thanks to our members. If you'd like to join then now's the time you can make the most of a special offer for podcast listeners by going www.thelocal.fr/podcastoffer/
Ben McPartland your host is joined by the team at The Local Emma Pearson, Gen Mansfield and politics expert John Lichfield.
- Paris votes in favour of €18-per-hour parking fees for SUVs
- Your questions answered about the new French language tests for foreigners
- All you need to know about the new French language requirements
- EES: Eurostar could limit services over new biometric passport checks
- French waiters to race through Paris streets as historic contest returns
- How do the French really feel about Valentine's Day?
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.