This episode discusses violence and abuse. If this raises any issues for you, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or visit our website for a full list of support services.
Hosts Ellen van Neerven, Hermina Burns | Music (Intro) Loop Lady - 2. In the Middle by Sally Whitwell; (outro) Black Smoke by Emily Wurramara | Creative Producers Ellen van Neerven, Hermina Burns | Co-producers Mary Crooks AO, Maria Chetcuti, Ally Oliver-Perham | Sound engineer Nicholas Pollock | Recording Squeak E. Clean Studio, the Voice Plant | Graphic design Aimee Carruthers
- Akhmatova, Anna. “Prologue”. Selected Poems, Penguin, 1985.
- Choi, Franny. “TO THE MAN WHO SHOUTED “I LIKE PORK FRIED RICE” AT ME ON THE STREET”. Floating, Brilliant, Gone, Write Bloody Publishing, 2014.
- Burns, Hermina. “The Stick”. Crossing a Line, Bristlebird Press, 2020.
- Kefala, Antigone. “The Actual places”. Absence, 2010.
- Fullerton, Mary. “Puppets”. Penguin Book of Australian Women Poets by Llewellyn Kate, Llewellyn Kate and Susan Hampton, 1986.
- van Neerven, Ellen. “Women are still not being heard”. Throat University of Queensland Press, 2020.