The poems selected are about love. Some also touch on the grief we feel when we lose a loved one. One poem in particular is about the loss of a child.
If this raises any issues for you, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or visit our website for a full list of support services: https://www.vwt.org.au/support-services/
Hosts Ellen van Neerven, Hermina Burns | Music (Intro) Loop Lady - 2. In the Middle by Sally Whitwell; (outro) Black Smoke by Emily Wurramara | Creative Producers Ellen van Neerven, Hermina Burns | Co-producers Mary Crooks AO, Maria Chetcuti, Ally Oliver-Perham | Sound engineer Nicholas Pollock | Recording Squeak E. Clean Studio, the Voice Plant | Graphic design Aimee Carruthers
- Porter, Dorothy. 'Why I love your body'. Crete, South Melbourne: Hyland House,1996.
- Dickinson, Emily. '1731'. The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson, Boston: Little, Brown, 1924
- Burns, Hermina. 'Considering a long marriage'. Against Separation Creek, Bristlebird Press, 2019.
- Wright, Judith. 'Stillborn'. Judith Wright: Collected Poems, Angus and Robertson, 1971.
- Arnold, Josie. 'Patchwork'. Love Laughing among the Trees, Longman Cheshire, 1982.
- van Neerven, Ellen. "This deadly love". Throat, University of Queensland Press, 2020.