#015: CRISPR – One of the Biggest Science Breakthroughs of the Decade /w Joram Schwartzmann
CRISPR is considered one of the biggest and most important scientific breakthroughs of the past decade and will probably remain the biggest science story for the foreseeable future. CRISPR could revolutionize everything from medicine to agriculture - and it has worked on every organism it’s been tried on. And with COVID-19 at our doorsteps, this is a perfect time to get acquainted with the powerful new gene-editing technology called CRISPR.
- What CRISPR is - explained in simple terms,
- Why it’s considered to be one of the biggest scientific breakthroughs in the last decade and why it’s such a powerful tool,
- How CRISPR actually works and in what areas it can be applied to, along with limitations,
- How far we are from curing cancer, HIV/AIDS, and other terrible decease,
- Discuss some of the ethical concerns that many scientists have around CRISPR and how far we humans should really go when applying this technology,
- and so much more.
Show Notes, Transcription, & Resources Mentioned: gammabeyond.com/en/podcast/015
Podcast Website: www.innovationalcorrectness.com
If you enjoyed this episode, could I ask you for one small favor?
Would you please consider rating and reviewing this podcast on iTunes, Overcast, or the podcast app of your choice? It really helps us out, by encouraging more people to find our podcast and reach hard-to-get guests.
Last but not least, if you have any suggestions for further episodes or guests should be invited on this podcast or just have feedback, shoot us a quick email: [email protected] or fill out our feedback form.
Follow & add David on: