Are We Underloading the Postpartum Core?
- OT Pioneers: Intro to Pelvic Floor Therapy opens January 15-19, 2024
- Pelvic OTPs United -- Lindsey's new off-line community!
- Get Lindsey's 9 page OTs Map to the World of Pelvic Health.
- Meet Lindsey on the OTs for Pelvic Health Facebook Group!
- Check Out More OT Pelvic Health Content here.
- Find Lindsey on IG! @functionalpelvis
Meet my guest, Rachel Parrotta
Where to find her:
Rachel has focused a majority of her career on the specialty of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy. She has over a decade of experience supporting people of all genders with a wide range of pelvic health conditions. Prior to attending graduate school, Rachel worked as a Certified Athletic Trainer with a men’s professional hockey team. Her background in athletics gives Rachel a unique perspective in helping clients return to the sports and activities that they love.
Books recommended by Rachel:
Womb : The Inside Story of Where We All Began by Hazard
We chat about:
1. What does "Return to Exercise/Sport" look like Postpartum?
2. Why do you Think We are Under-Loading the Core Postpartum?
3 . Do you think we have focused too much on Diastasis?
4. What do you wish pregnant people knew about Prolapse?
5. What books are you reading or podcasts are you listening to?
6. Where do you go for pelvic health inspiration?
7. What do you love to do to recharge/ reset your nervous system?
Introducing Pelvic OTPs United -- Lindsey's new off-line interactive community!
Inside Pelvic OTPs United you'll find:
- Weekly group mentoring calls with Lindsey. She's doing this exclusively inside this community. These aren't your boring old Zoom calls where she is a talking head. We interact, we coach, we learn from each other. The power of these community calls is staggering. Plus, she's got a lineup of experts coming in you don't to miss (see the P.S.).
- Highly curated forums. The worst is when you post a question on FB just to have it drowned out with 10 other questions that follow it. So, she's got dedicated forums on different populations, different diagnosis, different topics (including business). Hop it, post your specific question, and get the expert advice you need.
- Private podcast. Miss a group coaching call? Not a problem, the audio is uploaded to a private podcast so you can listen on the go. Turn your commute into a transformative
More info here. Lindsey would love support you in this quiet corner off social media!