Early OT Rehab Within 72 Hours of Birth for the Maternal Population
- OT Pioneers: Intro to Pelvic Floor Therapy opens January 15-19, 2024
- We'd love to welcome you to Pelvic OTPs United - Lindsey's off social media community ($39 a month with no obligation!)
Meet my Guests
Doctor of Physical Therapy with 8+ years of experience in physical therapy, teaching, and mentoring students. Assistant Professor for DPT students, teaching Neuroscience and Neurological Movement System I-II. Board Certified Neurologic Clinical Specialist and Certified Lymphedema Therapist, published author, and presenter at national and state physical therapy conferences. Co-creator of a 2-day continuing education course and specialist certification for occupational and physical therapists with a focus on the maternal and postpartum population to reduce the risk of neurological or wound events.
Dr. Rebeca Segraves, PT, DPT is an ABPTS Board-Certified Women’s Health Clinical
Specialist who practices in acute care and home health, serving individuals immediately after birth and pelvic surgery. She earned her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from Western Carolina University and completed residency training in Women’s Health Physical Therapy at Duke University. Clinically, her focus is on standardizing inpatient and early outpatient pelvic health rehabilitation immediately after birth and pelvic surgery, including cesarean section and hysterectomy. She lectures in multi-disciplinary clinical and academic settings with an emphasis on earlier utilization of occupational and physical therapy to enhance recovery after procedures impacting public health and quality of life.
Here are the topics we discussed:
1) Currently, OT and PT services are not standard of care in maternity units in the US. What can we do to change this?
2) What’s your elevator speech when people (outside of the client) ask “what do you do with these patients as an OT?”
3) When you go in to see your patient, how do you explain this program to them?
4) If the hospital is hesitant, how would you prioritize phases to trial the program?
5) I want to ask you: How do we get referral providers to send us clients? How do we get provider or hospital buy
Introducing Pelvic OTPs United -- Lindsey's new off-line interactive community!
Inside Pelvic OTPs United you'll find:
- Weekly group mentoring calls with Lindsey. She's doing this exclusively inside this community. These aren't your boring old Zoom calls where she is a talking head. We interact, we coach, we learn from each other. The power of these community calls is staggering. Plus, she's got a lineup of experts coming in you don't to miss (see the P.S.).
- Highly curated forums. The worst is when you post a question on FB just to have it drowned out with 10 other questions that follow it. So, she's got dedicated forums on different populations, different diagnosis, different topics (including business). Hop it, post your specific question, and get the expert advice you need.
- Private podcast. Miss a group coaching call? Not a problem, the audio is uploaded to a private podcast so you can listen on the go. Turn your commute into a transformative
More info here. Lindsey would love support you in this quiet corner off social media!