Why are Apple putting metadata topics inside podcast pages? Bumper's Dan Misener tells us what he thinks. Are Satoshis the best way to reward podcasters? Trevor Bell argues there are better ways.
Dan Misener- co-founder Bumper
- Dan Misener has looked at the new topics that Apple Podcasts is automatically allocating to shows (see our coverage on Nov 15, including our topics viewer). He's produced a number of network maps, designed to show links between different shows; and produced episode topic maps for every category in Apple Podcasts.
Trevor Bell - Podcast Producer at The Iron Fist Velvet Glove Podcast
- Trevor argues that Value4Value is good for podcasting but rewarding podcasters with Satoshis is too early and other means of monetisation maybe better for now.
Show Notes and Links
- Seeing loads of downloads from a mysterious app called Dalvik? You're not alone; they're all coming from Samsung Android phones, and we understand that the downloads are related to Samsung Free, the company's podcast app.
- Acast is encouraging the use of visual descriptions in podcasts, to make content more accessible for blind or low-vision people. Acast has launched a self-serve platform for podcast advertising.
- Hear the early days of podcasting in a special documentary, just added to Podnews Extra.
- Disctopia and Alby have added integration with “value 4 value” payments.
Get in touch with our weekly review of all things podcasting!
- Website: weekly.podnews.net
- Twitter: @jamescridland / @podnews and @samsethi / @samtalkstech
- Boosts: ⚡[email protected] and ⚡[email protected]
- Mastodon: @[email protected] and @[email protected]
- Donate: ⚡James and ⚡ Sam
This podcast supports both transcripts and chapters, if your podcast app doesn’t then grab a new app from podnews.net/newpodcastapps
Sponsored By: Buzzsprout