Another exclusive for Spotify
Visit https://podnews.net/update/emma-chamberlain for all the links, and to get our newsletter.
- Spotify has signed another exclusive: Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain, described as one of the world’s most listened-to podcasts, will be exclusive on Spotify early next year. The deal includes video podcasts. The show was with UTA and Cadence13's Ramble Podcast Network, and is another loss for owner Audacy which is threatened with stock market de-listing.
- The Infinite Dial New Zealand was published by Edison Research. 39% of adults in the country are monthly podcast listeners, placing them (just) above the US. 30% are weekly podcast listeners; and radio continues to do particularly well in the country.
- We've updated our market data slides.
- Dan Misener at Bumper has looked at the new topics that Apple Podcasts is automatically allocating to shows (see our coverage on Nov 15, including our topics viewer). He's produced a number of network maps, designed to show links between different shows; and produced episode topic maps for every category in Apple Podcasts.
Classifieds - your job or ad here
Free Notion template for podcast production — Notion user? Produce an audio drama? Try out this template I created to streamline the production process. Simple but comprehensive and easily adapted to your needs. Also, free! 🎉
Indie Podcasters: Earn—and Grow—With Us — BackBeat Media: representing sponsorships for fiercely-independent podcasters for over 17 years. We also provide growth and promotion assistance, and will never ask you to track your listeners.
- In the UK, radio and audio industry body AudioUK has called for more government action to put the audio production industry on the same footing as other legacy content industries.
- How's your microphone? Adobe has a free "mic check" tool.
- Triton Digital's US Podcast Ranker for October was released. Stitcher Media remains #1 sales network. A press release tells us that the top 20 publishers did 241.5m average weekly downloads (which is up 3.2% month-on-month).
- Triton Digital's Australian Podcast Ranker for October was released. We had two press releases: ARN tells us that ARN's iHeartPodcast Network is #1, while confusingly, LiSTNR tells us that LiSTNR, also, is #1.
- There are new podcast and video studios in Sydney NSW, Australia, thanks to Tank Stream Labs and Ampel.
- Sylvia Brudeli has been appointed as Chief Product Officer at Nomono, an audio recording tool developer. She joins from Telenor, a Norwegian telco.
- Cameron Moll has joined Buzzsprout as VP of Design. He is a design leader formerly of Meta and Pendo, and also founded short-form audio platform Spoken in 2015.
- Jacob Kensley joined Amazon Music last month as a Podcast Partner Specialist, and is the first dedicated hiring for podcast partnerships at Amazon Music in the EU. He joins from Acast and Apple.
- From CBC Podcasts #8 is: The Secret Life of Canada A podcast about the beautiful, terrible and weird histories of the 'Great White North'. 'The truth behind the boy in the picture' investigates one of the most referenced images connected to Canada's Residential School system. It's an episode worth listening to, no matter where you call home.
- My Spouse Has Dementia is produced by Zita Christian, who started podcasting at 69 and is now 75. The show uses personal stories, occasional interviews, and simple rituals to support dementia caregiving spouses. Here's a separate post-produced short piece, My Alzheimer's Secret, which is worth a listen.
- What do you do when you have audio you don't know what to do with? Launch a new podcast. Podnews Extra is here for extra interviews and audio from across the industry - including an interview that was too long for our normal weekly podcast, with Chris Messina: an inventor of ActivityStreams, which went on to become ActivityPub, powering Mastodon.
- Patagonia and PRX have announced Patagonia Stories, a new podcast series hosted by Archana Ram, a managing editor on Patagonia’s editorial team. Ram will explore the foundational nature of knowledge, and ask the questions that matter about our relationship with each other and the natural world. It launches Dec 1.
- FIFA Insight Live: A Training Centre Podcast is Arsène Wenger's official FIFA World Cup podcast. It dropped its first episode this week and will be publishing new episodes on the whistle after every game in Qatar.
The Webby Awards have been honoring the very best of the Internet since 1996. Winners range from iconic early Web throwbacks, to recent viral sensations, to powerhouse digital icons that have withstood the test of time. By participating, you can place your work on the same stage as boundary-pushing talent, like past Webby Winners The Meteor, Audible, HBO, Apple, The Washington Post, The Daily, Crimetown, The New York Times, Pivot, California Love and Lemonada Media, to name a few. Help them continue celebrating the most innovative, creative, and transformative work that shapes the online zeitgeist.
Learn more, and enter the 27th Annual Webby Awards by our Final Entry Deadline of December 16th, 2022.
Gold supporters: Buzzsprout, Mowpod, Mamamia, Resonate Recordings, Paramount, SALT, Simplecast, audioBoom, Cohost, Podvine, Riverside.fm, Spreaker, Jar Audio, Podchaser, Awesound, ART19, Podpage websites, Focusrite, Evergreen Podcasts, The Roost, One of One Productions Podcast S, Podbean, Podmetrics, LWC Studios, TED Audio Collective, Knit, Engle, ElasticPod, Acast, Adonde Media, We Edit Podcasts, Megaphone, Disctopia, Knucklehead Media Group, Luminary
Silver supporters: Storic Media, Veritonic, Osiris Media, Rococo Punch, Cloud10, Storyboard, Jonekiri, Gumball, The Podcast Haven, Terra Firma Audio, Polymash, Omny Studio, Message Heard, SoundMedia, Podscribe, Bullhorn, Health Podcast Network, Julep Hosting, Julep Podcast Marketing, Rephonic, Ossa Collective, Barevalue, matchmaker.fm, Cleanvoice, Castbox, SPI, Transistor, 18sixty, Pacific Content, Blubrry, The Podcast Engineer, Sonic Influencer Marketing, Castos, Jam Street Media, Lemonada Media, Podcastpage, Oxford Road, Diversion Podcasts, Maps.fm, Hindenburg, NPR, Podcast Taxi, Notetracks, RockWater Industries, Heartcast Media50, Wondery, Podcast Ad Report, Latina Podcasters Network, Double Elvis Productions, Podcast Guests, Kast Media, Whooshkaa, Glisten Media Podcast Production, Optimal Living Daily, Transmitter Media, Zvook, Bababam, Headliner, StreamGuys, Hear.Here.Singapore, DAX, Ad Results Media, Content10x, Podcast Partnership, Rachel Corbett\s Podschool, EverythingWithPodcasting, She Podcasts, Revolver Podcasts, Sonix, Veritone One, Lower Street, adswizz, Stakhanov, Podigy, Adopter Media, Podknife, Podcast Movement, Margarita Noriega, School of Podcasting, Cleanfeed, Signal Hill Insights, Edison Research
Our personal supporters: Amy Woods, Jessica Alpert Silber, Armel, John, Mikel Ellcessor, Aaron Dowd, Gene Monterastelli, Neil Mody, David Lloyd, Matthieu Beauval, Matt Wade, Steven Goldstein, Andy Maher, Jason DeFillippo, Mirko Lagonegro, Gareth Evans, Kara Silverman, Dave Shaw, The Virtual Couch, Arion Potts, Liz Covart, Eric Hunley, Justin Jackson, Jack Rhysider, Bret Kinsella and Voicebot.ai, Karen Jackson, Josh Withers, CESLIE Armstrong, Oh God, What Now, Bradford Swanson, Stabl, Søren Hugger Møller, Patrick K. Walsh, Tom Webster, Mike Rapin, Ed Sullivan, Benjamin Masse, Eric Nuzum, Brett Johnson, Lindsay Graham, Eric John, Philip D Theophilus, Steve Stewart, Owen Grover, Pete Morgan, Joe Stone, Jody Avirgan, ShEvo (Sheila Dee & Evo Terra), Buzz Knight, Josh Muccio, Jeanette Burke, atkinsonjd, Erin Harper
Support us - this feed for Podfollow.com
Image: Spotify/Max Montgomery