YouTube gives tips for podcasters
Visit https://podnews.net/update/youtube-podcast-guide for all the links, and to get our newsletter.
- In the clearest sign yet of YouTube's growing podcast ambitions, the video website has published a full guide on how to podcast on the platform. "Podcasts on YouTube help creators expand their reach and build their community while providing monetization opportunities", the website says.
- It links to a comprehensive, 67-page, "podcast best practices guide" which goes into channel and content strategy. The service also says that full episode playlists are critical to the proper displaying of your podcast, giving rules on what to call your playlists and how they work.
- Comparisons: YouTube has more than 2 billion monthly logged-in users; Spotify has 456m. YouTube Music has now hit 80m paid subscribers, growing 60% year-on-year. Spotify has 195m paid subscribers, growing 13% year-on-year. In a year, YouTube paid $6bn to the music industry (Jul21-Jun22); Spotify paid $7bn (2021). YouTube's podcasting front page is still only in one country, the US; yesterday, Spotify released video podcasting to 180 global markets.
- Spreaker has released new first-party data to help advertisers to segment and target audiences. The company claims the data is 3x more accurate than third-party data.
- Ad company Adthos has partnered with Sportradar to allow advertisers to use up-to-the-minute sport data in their audio ads.
Classifieds - your job or ad here
★Black Trans Queer Person Seeking Work/Mentor★ — Seeking: associate producer/sound design opportunities, mentorship/help getting foot in the door. [email protected] | 510-326-5521 | Portfolio: https://bit.ly/NWizardPortfolio
Indie Podcasters: Earn—and Grow—With Us — BackBeat Media: representing sponsorships for fiercely-independent podcasters for over 17 years. We also provide growth and promotion assistance, and will never ask you to track your listeners.
Start a Podcast | Berkeley AMI — Learn to Podcast in a master course from experienced podcasters. Upon completion of the course, you'll leave with a professional-quality podcast produced by you. Use code PODNS15 for 15% off.
- Jam — the new platform for sharing and listening to short audio — has started piloting subscriptions. The feature provides a way for listeners to pay a small amount per month to creators to hear their short audio updates, called Jams. Initial pilots include, for $8/month, daily tips for improving your Spanish with TikTok star Patry, or $2/month for Office Hours with Entreprenista: exclusive access to the founders of the Entreprenista female entrepreneur network.
- Tanner Campbell has signed with Glassbox Media, as one of a set of new shows for the network.
- Abbie Ruzicka and Frances Harlow are co-founders of Arcana Audio, a new podcast production services and consulting company based in the US and Sweden. They both worked for Gimlet Media.
- From CBC Podcasts #9 is: The Dose A weekly look at the health news that matters to you. Bestselling author and practicing ER doctor Brian Goldman pulls back the curtain on healthcare, talking to top experts in plain language.
- Sounds Like A Cult has announced it has moved to the Exactly Right Media Network, and published the trailer to the new season. The show is hosted by Amanda Montell and Isa Medina, who analyze the modern-day “cults” we all follow - the Royal Family, essential oils, or Elon Musk. The show was named a Best Podcast of 2022 by Vulture, Esquire, Wired, and others.
- New show Place Settings by SAVEUR travels across the U.S. to meet the chefs, farmers, makers, and creatives who are transforming the food space through their unique connection to a place. It's hosted by SAVEUR Executive Editor Alex Redgrave and produced in collaboration with Sonic Union.
Gold supporters: Buzzsprout, Mowpod, Mamamia, Resonate Recordings, Simplecast, Cohost, SALT, audioBoom, Paramount, Podvine, Riverside.fm, Jar Audio, Spreaker, Podchaser, Awesound, ART19, Evergreen Podcasts, ElasticPod, Knucklehead Media Group, Podbean, Adonde Media, LWC Studios, Podmetrics, We Edit Podcasts, Knit, Focusrite, TED Audio Collective, Luminary, One of One Productions Podcast S, Engle, Megaphone, Podpage websites, Acast, Disctopia, The Roost
Silver supporters: Storic Media, Veritonic, Osiris Media, Cloud10, Storyboard, The Podcast Haven, Gumball, Rococo Punch, Jonekiri, Terra Firma Audio, Polymash, Omny Studio, Message Heard, SoundMedia, Bullhorn, Podscribe, Health Podcast Network, Julep Hosting, Julep Podcast Marketing, Jam Street Media, The Podcast Engineer, Zvook, Heartcast Media50, RockWater Industries, Kast Media, Hindenburg, Blubrry, Transmitter Media, Sonic Influencer Marketing, Whooshkaa, Bababam, Optimal Living Daily, 18sixty, NPR, Podcast Ad Report, Rephonic, Lemonada Media, Castbox, Cleanvoice, Pacific Content, Barevalue, Ossa Collective, Podcast Taxi, Transistor, Podcastpage, Diversion Podcasts, Castos, Headliner, Glisten Media Podcast Production, Podcast Guests, matchmaker.fm, Wondery, Notetracks, Latina Podcasters Network, Oxford Road, SPI, Maps.fm, Double Elvis Productions, Rachel Corbett\s Podschool, Ad Results Media, StreamGuys, Hear.Here.Singapore, DAX, Podcast Partnership, Content10x, EverythingWithPodcasting, She Podcasts, Podcast Movement, Revolver Podcasts, Podigy, Podknife, Sonix, Adopter Media, Cleanfeed, Margarita Noriega, Stakhanov, School of Podcasting, adswizz, Lower Street, Veritone One, Signal Hill Insights, Edison Research
Our personal supporters: Amy Woods, Jessica Alpert Silber, Armel, John, Mikel Ellcessor, Aaron Dowd, Gene Monterastelli, Neil Mody, David Lloyd, Matthieu Beauval, Matt Wade, Steven Goldstein, Andy Maher, Jason DeFillippo, Mirko Lagonegro, Gareth Evans, Kara Silverman, Dave Shaw, The Virtual Couch, Arion Potts, Liz Covart, Eric Hunley, Justin Jackson, Jack Rhysider, Bret Kinsella and Voicebot.ai, Karen Jackson, Josh Withers, CESLIE Armstrong, Oh God, What Now, Bradford Swanson, Stabl, Søren Hugger Møller, Patrick K. Walsh, Tom Webster, Mike Rapin, Ed Sullivan, Benjamin Masse, Eric Nuzum, Brett Johnson, Lindsay Graham, Eric John, Philip D Theophilus, Steve Stewart, Owen Grover, Pete Morgan, Joe Stone, Jody Avirgan, ShEvo (Sheila Dee & Evo Terra), Buzz Knight, Josh Muccio, Jeanette Burke, atkinsonjd, Erin Harper
Support us - this feed for Podfollow.com