Who does Australia lock up?
Incarceration rates are on the rise in Australia. Is there a crime wave or is it media hype? Join host Ginger Gorman as she cuts through the clickbait to uncover the truth about crime in Australia and who we lock up. Professor Eileen Baldry AO, a leading criminologist from UNSW, separates fact from fiction, while Justen Thomas, an advocate for vulnerable youth offers a unique perspective from firsthand experience. Get ready for a confronting discussion on the real story behind the headlines and whether incarceration is truly the answer.
- Lifeline 11 13 14
- 1800 Respect 1800 737 732
- Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
- Outrage + Optimism Podcast
- National Children’s Commissioner slams “shocking” new Queensland youth justice laws Australian Human Rights Commission
- New South Wales Government to double penalties for knife crimes NSW Government
- The sad story of Marlon Noble ABC Ramp Up
- NSW police use force against Indigenous Australians at drastically disproportionate levels, data shows The Guardian