Your questions answered on Sweden's new work permit rules
In this week's episode of Sweden in Focus we discuss: Halloween in Sweden, Nato, cable damage in the Baltic Sea, popular Swedish TV shows, and we answer readers' questions on Sweden's new salary requirement for work permit holders.
Host Paul O’Mahony in Stockholm is joined from Malmö by The Local’s Emma Löfgren and Becky Waterton.
Sign up for Stockholm Explorative Talks. Presented by Stockholm Academic Forum
Here are links to some of the stories we discuss this week:
Nato & Baltic security
- Turkish president sends Sweden’s Nato application to parliament
- Swedish government: ‘External force’ damaged cable between Sweden and Estonia
Swedish TV series
- Are Swedes funny? Explaining the many types of Swedish jokes– includes regular panelist Richard Orange‘s opinion on På spåret.
- Swedish reality TV show brings Swedish-Americans back ‘home’
- ‘We’re losing the life we built in Sweden’: Work permit holders dread uncertain future
- Who will fill Sweden’s labour gap when immigrants leave?
- Reader question: Can I meet Sweden’s new work permit threshold by working multiple jobs?