The Story of Woman
Woman and Arab Feminism - Round Two: Farida D, The List of Shit That Made Me a Feminist
Back by popular demand! In this episode, I talk (again) with Farida D. to answer listener questions, and discuss her book, The List of Shit That Made Me a Feminist.
Writing under a pen name to protect her identity, Farida D. writes about everyday oppressions from an Arab feminist's perspective while demonstrating how we are all connected under the one patriarchal system.
Be sure to have a listen to our first conversation when you’re done with this one.
Some topics of discussion include:
- Farida’s inspiration for writing
- Beauty standards, and how this industry creates our “insecurities” in order to sell us “solutions”
- Farida’s thoughts (and mine) about the June 2022 Roe v Wade decision
- Problems with the “not all men” argument
- The power of women’s rage
- Steps we can all take moving forward
Powered by The Trouble Club: use the code STORY25 to get 25% off all Trouble ticket sales and membership payments
Transcription is available here
Where to find Farida D: Website | Instagram | Twitter
Join the storytellers:
...and help elevate woman’s story to our main narrative!
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | LinkedIn
Subscribe to the newsletter
- Subscribe, rate and review on iTunes, apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts
- Share with a friend, colleague or family member
- Become a Patreon for access to bonus content and to support the podcast, or buy me a (metaphorical) coffee
- Check out The Story of Woman bookstore filled with 100's of books like this one. Any books purchased through the website links support this podcast AND local bookstores!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? I’d love to hear from you!