The Story of Woman
Woman and Workplace Bias: Gill Whitty-Collins, Why Men Win at Work
In this episode, I talk with Gill Whitty-Collins about her book, Why Men Win at Work.
Going beyond the facts and figures of gender equality, Gill uncovers the invisible forces that continue to hold women back in the workplace. Using research and the experience of some of today’s top female leaders, she explores the psychology of gender inequality and shares powerful insights into how we can tackle it.
Some topics of discussion include:
- The current state of gender inequality in leadership and politics
- The (often) invisible forces that perpetuate the problem
- Likeability and perfectionist syndrome
- What men, businesses, and communities stand to gain with more equal workplaces
- Practical tips for women navigating these spaces
- Actionable steps for men, businesses, media, and more!
Powered by The Trouble Club: use the code STORY25 to get 25% off all Trouble ticket sales and membership payments
Transcription is available here
Mentioned in the episode:
- MARC: Men Advocating for Real Change
- Daisy Jones and The Six - Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Invisible Women - Caroline Criado Perez
Where to find Gill Whitty-Collins: Website | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn
Sign up to Gill’s newsletter: https://gillwhittycollins.com/join
Join the storytellers:
...and help elevate woman’s story to our main narrative!
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | LinkedIn
Subscribe to the newsletter
- Subscribe, rate and review on iTunes, apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts
- Share with a friend, colleague or family member
- Become a Patreon for access to bonus content and to support the podcast, or buy me a (metaphorical) coffee
- Check out The Story of Woman bookstore filled with 100's of books like this one. Any books purchased through the website links support this podcast AND local bookstores!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? I’d love to hear from you!