ZOE Science & Nutrition
Nightshade vegetables: hazard or health food?
Nightshade vegetables — even the name is ominous. Some people believe they exacerbate arthritis and can cause inflammation. So, should we avoid them?
In today’s short episode of ZOE Science & Nutrition, Jonathan and Will ask: What are nightshade vegetables, and how can they benefit our bodies?
If you want to uncover the right foods for your body, head to joinzoe.com/podcast and get 10% off your personalised nutrition program.
Studies referenced in the episode:
- Potato glycoalkaloids and adverse effects in humans: an ascending dose study
- Effect of red pepper on symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome: preliminary study
- Treatment of arthritis with topical capsaicin: a double-blind trial
- In defence of potatoes: How resistant starch from potatoes affects the gut microbiota
- Health benefits of eating tomatoes emerge
Episode transcripts are available here.
Want to create your own podcast? Contact Fascinate Productions to bring it to life.